Monday, January 24, 2011

God Willing

The Chevron Houston Marathon is only 5 days away…something I have been aiming at now for several years. I have to keep myself from taking for granted that I have the opportunity to run in a race in a beautiful American city which enjoys freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and a government elected by the people. I have to keep myself from taking for granted the support and sacrifice of my family in preparation for this event. I have to keep myself from taking for granted that God has given me the health to run and that my body is preserved daily only by His grace. I have to keep myself from forgetting that so many people cannot run - either from lack of freedom, lack of health, or because they have been injured fighting to protect the freedoms I enjoy. So it is my prayer that I can run, God willing, to celebrate my freedom, to cherish my health, and to honor those who have gone before. It is my prayer that others will see and hear this message, and live their lives in a way which honors the sacrifices made by others and put aside childish differences to celebrate God's gift of life, freedom, and salvation…

 
 

"...you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment