Monday, April 19, 2010

Inspiration

Inspiration comes in many forms. Hope in a prayer, God's Word, and the words and actions of others, just to name a few.

When I think of recent moments of inspiration in my life, I think of when my nephew posted First Corinthians chapter 13 on Facebook, when I see husbands acting in true love toward their wives, when my three year old runs to meet his 13 year old brother getting off the school bus, and when my 13 year old says I'm cool :-) I am inspired by my wife acting in love toward me even when I am not being "loveable."

Inspiration even comes in hardships and trials - in fact, sometimes that is when it is the strongest.

James 1: 2-4 says "consider it a great joy" when you face all kinds of trials, for the trials build endurance, with the end result being maturity and completeness.

Further, Philippians 1: 6 says "I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

So, when times are tough and the "feel good" inspiration is hard to come by, meditate on the good things you have seen and heard, and more importantly on the Word of God. Take heart that tough times are a part of Christian growth. God has not forgotten you, He is perfecting you.

What is your inspiration? Have you allowed God to start His good work in you by accepting Christ as your Lord and Savior? Are you living today with the peace that comes from knowing trials are leading to endurance and completion?

No comments:

Post a Comment